-- Welcome! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy --

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Did My Phone Ring?


We’ve all been in a crowded restaurant and thought that we heard our cell phone ring . . . only to check and discover that it, in fact, was not ringing. 
Nothing to be ashamed of.  Its loud.  Lots of extra noise.  Easy mistake to make.  No worries.
What’s causing me concern, however, is that several times of late I have experienced a more disturbing . . . how should I say it . . . “phenomenon”.
I carry my phone in my back pocket.  I’m not a belt clip guy.  I try to avoid carrying excess tools and utensils on my belt.  In fact, I don’t carry anything on my belt.  If I ever become a Super Hero, I’ll certainly wear “stuff” on my belt.  But, in the absence of this occupational change, I’ll keep my belt free for its intended purpose.
Back to my recent experiences.
So, several times of late I have “felt” my phone vibrate to signal an incoming call or text.  However, upon retrieving my phone I come to find out that in fact, my phone did not ring  .  .  . or vibrate.
Ok.  No one called or texted . . . I can live with that.  What is disturbing to me is that I “felt” something.  Why would I “feel” something?  What would I “feel”?  This doesn’t make sense and kind of creeps me out a bit.  
Nothing should be going on back there.  I’m not sure if this is some type of medical condition or what it could be.  
If it is a medical condition, how would I ever confirm such a diagnosis?  I wouldn’t.  I’m not walking into a clinic and telling a doctor that I’m experiencing “vibrations.”  No, that’s not happening.
What if its a technical issue?  What if my phone is actually vibrating, but does so at random times with no discernable purpose?  Am I going into my Sprint store and explaining my “sensations” to the 15 year old techie?  No, that’s not happening either.
Look, I don’t know what’s going on.  I’m genuinely concerned though.  Nothing on my body should be moving without prior knowledge from yours truly.  I’m actually afraid to answer my phone now.  Is it really ringing this time or am I well on my way to staring in an episode of “Mystery Diagnosis”?
What I’m trying to say is . . . if you want to get in touch with me - send me an email.  
Furthermore, I . . . um, um, I . . .
Sorry, I gotta go . . . my phone’s ringing . . . I think . . . 
JJ

3 comments:

  1. Very funny!!! What I think is funny when you do hear a cell phone - you assume it's yours because - we are super important- right- who wouldn't be calling us- the funny part is the look of shame or embarrassment that rushes over us- then trying to look cool- then acting Ike you were just checking the time on Phone- I've seen many people stand with their ear to the phone to see if it was theirs that just rang- sadly that has been me as well!! Bottom line- I need a life or maybe just a hobby!! I love the blog- put some of your funny quips- you are funny- you know!!! GG out

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Now I know why you don't answer your phone.
    2. Tinitus?
    3. Phone anomalies, call me crazy but you are sitting on your phone, I mean, think of sitting on your lap-top every time you sit.
    4. Switch to the pocket on the opposite side.
    5. Cargo pants, side pockets changes the game.
    6. Have a cat-scan to look for alien implant(s).
    7. Have Maggie carry your phone, screen calls.
    8. Maybe its just an age issue, you would not beleive what I hear and feel.
    9. Technology overload.
    10. Sorry, I have to go. My smoke signal fire is going out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not trying to be funny... that happens to me! I wear my phone on my belt, but there are times I feel my phone vibrate. Strangest thing because there is no call or text recorded. Glad to hear it happens to somebody else. I'm being serious...

    ReplyDelete