-- Welcome! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy --

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving is right around the corner.  In fact, it may be even closer than that...Thanksgiving is only 3 days away and I’m ready for it. 
Much is made of Thanksgiving these days.  We hear people talking about being thankful.  We hear talk of turkey and dressing.  We are inundated with Holiday talk as this day officially ushers the Christmas season into our midst.  There is no way around it, Thanksgiving is fun.
We are often reminded of the Pilgrims during these days.  We are reminded how they bravely set out toward a new world in search of freedom.  We are told how difficult life was in the early years as they were faced with many hardships.  As I have been thinking about the Pilgrims, it has brought to mind a few thoughts.   

My Top 10 Thoughts About Pilgrims And The 1st Thanksgiving
10.  If Pilgrims were here today...they’d be crazy old.  
  9.  If Pilgrims were here today...I think they’d be disappointed at how poorly their hats with buckles would be received.
  8.  I bet the Pilgrims were just as annoyed by the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade as we are.
  7.  Some people think that the Pilgrims watched football after dinner.  That’s ridiculous!  They totally watched soccer.  #England
  6.  I bet it was pretty awkward for the Pilgrim if the person answering the Turkey hot line was in England.
  5.  The wisest and most successful Pilgrims came to dinner wearing stretchy pants.
  4.  It’s a true, but little known fact that for the 1st Thanksgiving, the Pilgrims ate at a Denny’s, just South of Plymouth Rock.
  3.  It wasn’t until nearly 200 years after the 1st Thanksgiving that the custom of bathing at some point during Thanksgiving week became commonplace.
  2.  We can officially blame Pilgrim John Howland for the introduction of the “Kids Table” at Thanksgiving dinner.  
And My Number One Thought About Pilgrims And The 1st Thanksgiving Is...
After dinner, the elder Pilgrims fell asleep and drooled in their easy chairs while the younger Pilgrims texted each other on their iPhones.
I’m thankful for the time you spend reading my thoughts.  If you've enjoyed your reading, I’d really be thankful if you’d repost or retweet this Thanksgiving blog. 
Hope you’ve enjoyed...and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment