-- Welcome! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy --

Monday, May 23, 2011

Poor Judgement Day

Well, Well, Well - May 21, 2011 was here and then it was gone . . . and we were not!  Mr. Harold Camping had made quite the prediction.  The prediction was that the end times were here and Judgement Day was beginning at 6pm EST on the 21st. 
This was not just a mere possibility, but Camping had laid it out as the absolute gospel.  Sure, he had made a similar prediction in 1994, but this time...this time he had reworked the math.  This time, he was certain.  For Harold, this turned out to be "Poor Judgement Day".  Others followed suit and prepared for the end.
My question is, “What was Saturday night or Sunday morning like for these guys who were so certain?”  What could Camping possibly say to his congregation on Sunday morning after such a bold and very specific prediction?
There is no way for me to know for sure, but the following Top Ten List would be my best guess.
The Top Ten Things Overheard at Harold Camping’s Church Sunday Morning:
10.  What!?  You thought I said the 21st...?
  9.  Ha Ha!  April Fool’s you guys!  
  8.  OOPS!
  7.  Great!!  Now I have to restart my subscription to “Crazy Bible Math Weekly”.
  6.  That big mortgage balloon payment scheduled for June doesn’t seem like such a good idea now!
  5.  I’ve gotta be honest with you...this feels worse than my missed prediction of 1994.
  4.  I now boldly predict the end of the Oprah Show...sometime next March.
  3.  At least no one outside of our group heard about my little prediction!
  2.  Ok, good trial run people...next time, its for real.
And the Number 1 Thing Overheard at Harold Camping’s Church Yesterday was:
       “...Hey, Where’s Harold?”
So, I know that this guy has been raked over the coals for his “prediction”.  I’m not trying to bust on him for being wrong...just for being stupid.  The Disciples asked Jesus when the end was coming and Jesus said, “Only the Father knows.”  I’m thinking that if Jesus doesn’t know...then Harold doesn’t know.             
“No one knows the day or the hour”  - Matthew 24:36
Hope you enjoyed reading.  Have a great day.
JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment