-- Welcome! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy --

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jon's Less Interesting Books

One of my least favorite television show formats of all time is the “flashback” show.  It’s the show where there is not much that is original and they just look back at all of the other shows that they’ve done.
Well, I may dislike this format, but that is what you’re getting today.  Come on, it’s been a busy week!  
If you follow me on Twitter then most of these are repeats...if you don’t...look at what all you’re missing!
Recently, there was a thread on Twitter that was #lessinterestingbooks.  This is where you take an original book and change it to be...a little less interesting.   Andy Richter said, “Profiles in Porridge” and Tom Papa said, “Crime and A Good Talking To.  So, I’m basically taking my Tweets on the subject and reposting them here.
Below are my thoughts of the books that I’d like to read...
Jon’s Top 10 Less Interesting Books...
10.  The Lord of the Files    -  Novel about a highly proficient and arrogant bookkeeper
  9.  Where the Tame Things Are    -  Less intense children’s book
  8.  The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Route 66    -  More practical than previous edition
  7.  Tuesdays With My Parole Officer    -  Less Inspirational than the original
  6.  The Old Man and The Flea    -  Same story, but set in a dingy apartment
  5.  Tale of Two Infections    -  It was only the worst of times
  4.  Good Night Sun    -  Written for kids who work 3rd shift
  3.  The Tell Tale Fart    -  He who smelt it must have delt it
  2.  The One Habit of Highly Ineffective People    -  The Intricacies of Couch Sitting
And Jon’s Least Interesting Book is:
         Charlotte’s Webbed Fingers

Maybe you have your own...I'd love to hear 'em.
Some of these books, if I do say so myself, look more interesting than the original.  I hope you've enjoyed reading.  Have a great day.
JJ
@jamisonjon

No comments:

Post a Comment