-- Welcome! Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy --

Monday, September 19, 2011

"You Look Really Bad"


I was at work today and a lady asked me, "Are you sick?"  I wasn't sick, so I told her, "No".  She gave me a look like I was trying to get away with something and then asked again, "Are you sure you aren't sick?  Ok, now I feel like I'm lying to the lady and this forces me to think more intently about her question.

"Was I sick?" I asked myself.  I answered myself, "No...not that I know of".  So I told the lady the same thing.  

You'd think that this little conversation would be over at this point.  Question asked and answered...but it was not over.  The lady responded with a very skeptical, "Really?  You look really bad."

Ok, people.  Did this lady jut tell me that I look bad?   I didn't ask for this today.  I actually started the day feeling well.  I had gotten up early.  I went for a run.  I showered and got dressed.  I felt great.  For some reason, I was even a little better dressed this day than my usual blue jeans and t-shirt.  What was going on?  Why did this lady not believe me?  What could I possibly look like right now?  Did I really look that bad?

So I respond with a stunned, "Oh, ok.  I look bad?"  

She said, "Yeah, it's your eyes...they look..."  

She didn't finish her sentence, but sort of trailed off at the end.  In my head, I screamed, "They look like...WHAT!!??"  "What do my eyes look like!!??"  I'm getting freaked out here just a little bit.  What was going on?  At this point I kind of wonder if I'm not sick after all.  Maybe my throat could be a little scratchy.  Does my stomach feel ok?  But...my eyes?  My eyes felt fine.  At first, I felt a little annoyed.  How could someone just up and say that I looked bad?  Now though...I'm a little concerned about my well being.

Finally, after some time, she continued, "Your eyes, they look kind of...weird...in the corner...and...kind of in the middle too."  

Oh, no!  In the corner AND in the middle?  It's spreading!  
I knew that I should've been taking that multi-vitamin!  Perhaps that chicken last night was a bad call.  I’m still young.  How am I going to break this to my family?  How will I break it to my doctor?  He’s going to be so disapointed in me. WAIT...wait a minute.  Am I actually sick?  I wish I had a mirror.

"I guess I could be tired", I said with hesitation.

She said very reluctantly, "Maybe..."  Again, she looks at me like I'm hiding something.

Seriously!  What is the deal here?  What could I be hiding?  If I am hiding something...I'm doing an awesome job, because I haven't even told myself yet!
How long have I been hiding this from me?  I never thought that I'd do this to me...someone else could do this perhaps, but not me...not me.

I search for other answers..."I guess maybe it's my contacts.  Yes!  It's got to be my contacts!  That's why my eyes are red!"  Oh, no, wait...I'm confused.  "Are my eyes red, did you say that they are red?"

"Yes, they are red, but . . . are you sure you're feeling ok?"


Hey Friends...I hope you all are feeling ok today.  I'm feeling pretty good.  Remember, Billy Crystal told us as Fernando, "It is better to look good than to feel good...and I look maahvelous!"

Hope you enjoyed reading.  Have a great day!

JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment